The following terms and conditions apply to all web site development and hosting services offered by d4 Business Solutions Ltd. By accepting a quote either verbally or in writing or ordering a product from d4 Business Solutions Ltd you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
1. All prices exclude VAT at 20% unless otherwise stated.
2. Quotes are valid for 28 days.
3. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that any web site is lawful, does not infringe any copyright or any
other laws. It is also the customers responsibility to carry out any market research as to the viability and profitability of any project before accepting any quote.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site that we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
5. The acceptance of a commission quote either verbally or in writing shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and d4 Business Solutions Ltd.
6. At project acceptance d4 Business Solutions Ltd can provide an estimated completion date, however we cannot guarantee this date as a final completion date.
7. A deposit of no less than 50% of the total quoted price must be provided before project commencement.
8. Once a commission has commenced it will be completed using the information, data, text and images provided at project commencement or during the design phase. Once the design process has been completed the project will be presented to the client who may make any changes to design and content he wishes.
9. d4 Business Solutions Ltd will initially place the client's web site on a demonstration server in order that the
client may view and comment upon the project. Once the client has approved the project a final invoice will be presented.
10. d4 Business Solutions Ltd reserve the right to alter our prices at any time without prior notice. If a quote at an
original price has been made it will be valid for 28 days and subsequently during the life of the current commission, however additional work may be charged for using the new pricing structure.
11. A client's site will be hosted once approval of the design and content is given however we reserve the right to
remove the site at any time until the invoice is paid in full.
12. When a quote has been accepted and a developed project approved by the client the invoice must be paid within 28 days regardless of the amount of content that the client still has to provide to d4 Business Solutions Ltd.
13. Content or features listed in the original quote but not provided during the development phase by the client will be added at any time in the future, however invoices must be paid in full including sections which the client still has to provide content for.
14. All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's web site,
will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
15. d4 Business Solutions Ltd produce projects where every effort is made to display the pages acceptably on most popular browsers currently available, however we cannot accept responsibility for pages which don't display properly on versions of browsers released after the project is completed.
16. The client is ultimately responsible for checking the correctness of the site before they give d4 Business Solutions Ltd the go ahead to make the site publicly available.
17. When a client agrees that a site can be made publicly available they are agreeing that the design and development of the site has satisfied all their requirements.
1. By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
2. Our payment terms are 28 days, payment must be made by cheque or cash unless otherwise agreed.
3. Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £20 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
4. Late payments. d4 Business Solutions Ltd will pursue late payments in line with European Directive 2011/7/EU ie debtors will be forced to pay interest and reimburse the reasonable recovery costs of the creditor, if they do not pay for goods and services on time (60 days for business and 30 days for public authorities).
Late payment interest and fees will be charged at the recommended rates under European Directive 2011/7/EU. The current rates are:
Statutory interest rate
Interest will be applied to the outstanding debt. Simple interest is calculated as equal to the sum of the Bank of England reference rate plus at least eight percentage points.
Compensation for recovery costs
The creditor is entitled to obtain from the debtor, a fixed charge plus additional reasonable costs incurred. The fixed charges will be ...
- £40 where the debt is under £1,000.
- £70 where the debt is £1,000 or more but under £10,000.
- £100 where the debt is £10,000 or more.
Hosting and support service agreements
1. d4 Business Solutions Ltd offer annually renewable packages of hosting and updating service agreements which can be purchased as part of a package or separately. These include hosting, content updating and search engine submissions.
2. These packages are quoted for either on application or at time of quoting for a full project.
3. Hosting, support and updating services are annually renewable, package start dates are based on when the package or domain name is first registered and not when the web project goes live.
4. Hosting support and updating packages are renewed annually, invoices are provided approximately one month before the renewal date, however or usual payment terms apply from the invoice date.
5. Customers wishing to cancel a hosting, support or updating package must inform us before the invoice date otherwise full annual payment will be required.
6. No partial refunds will be given for hosting, servicing or updating packages cancelled during the current
agreements time period.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
d4 Business Solutions Ltd will reserve the right to alter any of the above terms and conditions at any time.